Sierra offers Autoclave Validation Services with the Kaye Intelligent Resistant Temperature Device (IRTD), IRTD is a secondary standard with a completely self-contained measurement system, including electronics for calibration and temperature conversion. Kaye's IRTD provides ultra-high accuracy temperature data to your computer with no additional measurement or readout equipment required.The IRTD removes common sources of error because its integrated electronics and sensor are calibrated as a single instrument. Analog to digital conversion is automatic - no manual interpolations or calculations are necessary.The self-contained IRTD allows you to cut system error in half. For thermal validation applications, the IRTD communicates directly with the Kaye system.
The IRTD is a high accuracy traceable temperature standard used as part of the Kaye Validation systems for calibrating sensors. During sensor calibration / verifications, sensors are compared against the IRTD and offsets are automatically calculated and stored.
The broad temperature range from -196 to 420°C, enables it to be used in virtually all temperature validation applications.
The IRTD is an integral part of Kaye's automated sensor calibration system and communicates directly with all Kaye Validation systems.. With an accuracy of +/- 0,025, the IRTD provides a 4 to 1 ratio for calibrating sensors to 0.100°C.
The temperature standard can be used for confirming the accuracy of other temperature devices. For this purpose, Kaye has developed IRTDWin™ software. The IRTDWin™ software is one convenient interface screen lets you track probe stability, numerically and graphically, and confirm system accuracy.
• Temperature range -196 to 420°C
• Accuracy over range ±0.025°C
• Resolution 0.001°C
• Sensor element 200 Ohm Platinum sensor
• Sheath material Inconel™ 600
• Immersion depth 101.6mm (4")
• Calibration Traceable to NIST or PTB; Recommended calibration period is 1 year
• Measurement rate 30 readings per second
• Ambient temperature range 0 to 60°C (32 to 140°F)
• Humidity Humidity 0 to 95% non-condensing
• Dimensions Overall length: 603mm (23.75")
• Grip: 89mm x 32mm (3.5" x 1.25") Sensor
• Sheath: 457mm x 6.35mm (18" x 0.25")